Bill Howard and I relocated the Lapland Longspur that was reported yesterday by
Jeff Gerbracht.  The bird was on Daisy Hollow Road this morning at the Cornell
Farms.  We finally spotted the bird at 11:00 AM.  The longspur was in with
dozens of Horned Larks and at least one Snow Bunting.  As expected, the birds
were feeding in the manure spreads that run perpendicular to the road.

Patrick reported a Merlin in the area but we dipped on this species.

Good birding,

- Bob Grosek
Binghamton, New York

Every species you meet is a gold medal finalist in the evolutionary race of life