Hi all,

Yesterday I heard a repeated call of long drawn whistle and I am stymied by
that. First thought was yes, it is a familar bird. Then it dawned on me that
familiarity is from Indian origin, It sounded like a Common Iora or a Magpie
Robin call, but this was in Caddo National Grassland in TX near Decatur.

Anyone has any suggestions as to what it could be? I did record it among the
calls of other species of birds and wind. I will post the cut when I get chance
to do so in next few days.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/species/Copsychus-saularis Here is a call of magpie
robin, this has shorter intervals, but I think the call I heard was more like
Common Iora with longer drawn and longer intervals too, funny I did not find
any samples of Common Iora on Xeno Canto.

Thanks in advance!

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
http://haribal.org/