Lee Ann van Leer's earlier post  prompted me to visit the site near Snyder and
Mohawk Rds. adjacent to the Tompkins County Airport this evening where I was
not disappointed. I arrived at 7:20 p.m. and at approximately 7:35 p.m.  I
began to hear the distinct peent sounds coming from the thickets on the north
side of Snyder Rd. and about 75 feet from Mohawk Rd. Within five minutes to ten
minutes the bird flew up about 25-30 feet and crossed over Snyder and over the
gravel yard and descended into the hedgerow to the left (east). That was my
only sighting but it was well worth the effort. Good birding.

Bill Roberts
Aurora