March 30 - there is a Bald Eagle nest in the Town of Springport, at the
mouth of Great Gully Creek, just north of the Springport-Ledyard Townline.
I viewed nest today with scope from side of Rt 90, after parking at the
creek's off road area. Look to the lake, and the nest is visible in the
bare trees, maybe a half-mile away. I spoke with the property owner and he
said the eagles have nested for five years, and have switched between two
nests on the property. From Farley's Point, I have been seeing adult eagles
drop into these woods, and roosting by the lake during spring and summer,
also for about five years.
David Suggs
Buffalo