Given the weather and the winds I decided to do a Lakewatch from Long Point
State Par, arriving around 8 am. It was almost too windy to stand and look
through a scope but I was able to huddle on the lee side of the small
lighthouse on the point.

I did have two small groups of BONAPARTE'S GULLS but they were streaming up the
far shore and almost in invisible in the heat shimmer. Almost nothing else came
by in 2 hours and like Jay I was disappointed. 3 scattered COMMON LOONS Nd a
group of 3 male RED BREASTED MERGANSERS. the most tantalizing sighting though
was distant flock of 5 Cormorants flying fairly high up the middle of the lake.
All were adults but the lead bird was 30% larger than the rest- both in bulk
and in wingspan. I had the
 In my scope for about 20 seconds. It it was pretty bouncy and I could not make
out any white or other field marks. It's hard to see how that wouldn't be a
Great Cormorant, though.

Up in the cedars above Long Point I saw a flock of 12 GOLDEN CROWNED KINGLETS
and a very red FOX SPARROW.

KEN

Sent from my iPhone