Livia and I checked Dryden Lake early this morning. We found it almost
completely socked in with fog, but were able to make out 9 CASPIAN TERNS (a
very high number for Dryden Lake, I don't think I've ever seen more than
three or four at a time), 2 transitional-plumaged BONAPARTE'S GULLS, 30+
Bufflehead, 7+ Horned Grebes (Chris Wood had 38 there yesterday!), and a
raft of 9 LONG-TAILED DICKS barely visible in the fog.

Stewart Park had 20+ Caspian Terns; 13 Bonaparte's Gulls (on the red
lighthouse jetty, then flying north); Tree, Barn, and N. Rough-winged
swallows, a large flock of scaup and Ring-necked Ducks, and several Horned
Grebes, including one close in in the creek.

Lots of good birds on campus today too, with students waking up early for
pre-enrollment reporting Caspian Terns, Bonaparte's Gull, Bufflehead, and
Bohemian Waxwings from Beebe Lake and another Bohemian with a Cedar flock
from the Azalea Garden.

-Jay

--
Jay McGowan