HI all,

Around 4pm Saturday, I noticed a lone Snow Goose hanging out in the
southernmost section of the large wetland on Thomas Road, Ithaca (this road
links Ellis Hollow Road and Rt 79). The bird was standing, preening, on a
tussock of vegetation in the water when I drove past, did a double-take seeing
this large white bird in the wetland, and turned back to see what it was (I was
thinking swan? domestic goose?). White plumage, black wing tips, pinkish legs
and bill (although bill looked pale and the feathered area around bill looked
dirty and strange). Not obviously damaged, but at this point in the year this
surely must be an unhealthy bird to have missed migration.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

***NEW***  Music of the Birds Vol 1 ebook for Apple iPad now available from
iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/music-of-the-birds-v1/id529347014?mt=11