tututu tee-tu tee-tu tee-tu tee-tu

Also has anyone refound the Renwick/Newman bird lately?
--Dave Nutter

On May 14, 2013, at 11:01 AM, Scott Haber <scotthab...@gmail.com> wrote:

Are we sure it's not called Fuertes Woods? Perhaps someone should look into it.

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:58 AM, Kevin J. McGowan <k...@cornell.edu> wrote:
This is a nice patch of woods that extends into Cayuga Heights, with trails going out onto Triphammer (and now a Frisbee golf course).

I've banded crows in there for 25 years, and I've only just now heard it referred to as Palmer Woods.  It is off of Jessup Road, bordered by Jessup Field, so all I've ever heard before was Jessup Woods.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-91604351-3493...@list.cornell.edu [mailto:bounce-91604351-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Cornell Mail
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:46 AM
To: Kenneth V. Rosenberg
Cc: Gary Kohlenberg; CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Palmer Woods RBA just in.

Dear all,

Palmer Woods refers to the wooded area immediately north and west of A-Lot on Cornell's North Campus. In particular, the tennis courts in question are just north of Jessup Road near where it intersects with Triphammer.

As for why this area is called Palmer Woods, I cannot say. The area is well known to student birders, so it is likely that one of us came up with the name many years ago.

Good birding,

Reid Rumelt
Cornell University