Yesterday morning around 9:00, as we were driving down State Street just after turning off Mitchell St., Sara Jane and I had two birds fly over us from right to left, which looked very much like COMMON NIGHTHAWK. We only got a very brief look as they passed about 50' above the apartments being built on the left side of the road and disappeared (and we couldn't stop). They had long, pointed wings and slender bodies. Although only seen for a very few seconds, we saw them make the jerky, bobbing movements that we associate with this species. Would they be here now, and would they be flying at that time of the morning?

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes