Daughter, Becky, was able to take pictures of the GREAT EGRET we saw in a
swampy field along 5 & 20 across from Short Rd. on our way to MNWR.
We saw many DUNLIN at Larue's along with many other peeps that didn't stay put
long. We saw them in various places across the main pool & at Benning. Of
course, the highlight was seeing the GLOSSY IBIS. Its profile against a light
spot in the otherwise gloomy sky was amazing as it flew when the eagle spoofed
it. It was a lifer for Becky & still a thrill for me.
The main pool is being drained. We saw only 1 dead carp but surely more will be
found by scavengers such as the 2 juvie eagles. Also saw an adult eagle at Mud
Lock carrying a fish, being pursued by 2 ospreys. Still no positive evidence by
us that the ospreys are actually nesting on the old eagle nest.

Fritzie Blizzard