A trip to Summerhill on Lick Street did not produce the CLAY-COLORED SPARROW.
At 9:30 we were pretty much fogged in and a strong breeze was blowing. We did
find PURPLE FINCH, INDIGO BUNTING, OVENBIRD, CHIPPING SPARROW and FIELD
SPARROW. I also heard BLUE-WING song but without a visual I believe it is now
impossible to positively ID the bird. This spring I have seen BLUE-WING,
GOLDEN-WING and LAWRENCE'S WARBLER all sing BLUE-WING song. I don't think I
have heard GOLDEN-WING song yet this year. On Hoag Road we found OVENBIRD,
RED-EYED VIREO, NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH, CATBIRD, GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER,
YELLOW-THROATED VIREO, MOURNING WARBLER, BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER and, most
interesting, at the east end two or maybe three GOLDEN-CROWNED KINGLETS. The
Kinglets were singing the complete song so I believe they are breeding here.

Joseph Brin
Baldwinsville, N.Y.