I have seen Red-headed Woodpeckers caching acorns. At at least one
location, they cached food somewhat as I have seen in videos of Acorn
Woodpeckers, putting them in shallow, tiny holes in the surface of the
tree trunk. This was at Presquille in fall probably a couple decades
ago. so you might wonder about the accuracy of the memory. It was a
pretty striking occasion with several birds flying over a parking lot to
and from the acorn source to the storage trees, so I'm pretty sure that
is what they were doing.

Cheers,

John