Today I went back again with more time and willingness to look from more angles. If you read carefully I qualified my previous post with the phrase "unless I am quite mistaken". Either the eagles are quick to rebuild or indeed I was quite mistaken. The nest has always been difficult to see from the road, but today with patience I was able to see it. I also talked to a neighbor who said he had heard eagles yesterday and seemed confident they would continue at this site.
--Dave Nutter