I was at Benning about 4:15 p.m. & had good looks at both ibis. They were about
15 ft. from the road preening in the deep grass, seemingly not perturbed by the
3 cars stopped opposite them. Unlike the clod Gary saw, who hauled out his
equipment, the observers I saw were all quiet & even as a car left or another
arrived, the birds stayed in the same spot.

Along the main drive I saw several coots, a common moorhen, green wing teal &
shovelers. I was on a tight schedule so didn't take time to look at the many
other ducks. Saw an adult bald eagle & 3 harriers near the Seneca River.

At Knox-Marcellus the 2 pelicans & 2 sandhill cranes continue, as well as great
egrets, many gulls & geese, etc.. Saw no snow geese in a quick sweep.

Here on Mill pond in Union Springs was a lone male hooded merganzer at 3: 45
p.m.. Factory St. pond continues to be a disgraceful mess. The "wave breakers"
have been removed at Frontenac Marina so no gulls were there today. Our big
flock of TVs, as many as 17, still roost somewhere here in the Springs. Had my
1st juncos & wb nuthatch today by my garden. Downys are roosting in my bluebird
boxes into which I have put fresh, dry grass & made a deep cup for them to
nestle down into to stay a bit warmer. Mocker again is trying to protect the
cedar berries from bluebirds, cardinals, starlings & whatever else dares come
near.

Gas is $3.38.9 a gallon at Lakeside Trading here in the Springs ... probably
the same at the other Lakeside station over on Rte. 89 close to the
Chiropractic College/Seneca Falls.

For those who haven't been up this way in a while, the former Triangle Rest. in
King Ferry is again closed/for sale. Happily, the Creamery is still serving hot
coffee & tea, yummy ice cream & hot fast food over on 89 near Interlaken for
birders to celebrate their good birding trip or to rid them of their depression
for not finding "the" bird of the day, a place to get warm on a cold day & to
"relieve" other "tensions."

Fritzie