Yes, very interesting. I think this is probably what I saw very briefly in the
thicket on N Wilson trail today (maybe there's a run on mottled Robins this
year). I  saw only enough of the rufous side with white below to start
imagining I had seen a Towhee; but watching the same thicket for a while longer
revealed only 'normal' Robins and no further glances at the weirdo. I ran into
Jody on the trail and tried to describe it but he only found Robins in the same
area.

Thanks for probably solving that mystery.

BTW, this afternoon on Asbury Road near the cemetery, about a dozen Turkey
Vultures were roosting and sunning and occasionally flighting up then
resettling. One of them is our old friend, the leucistic winged. I believe it's
the same bird as it also sports a prominent white primary feather on the right
wing. It was displaying both wings to the late afternoon sun and me. The
vultures have been elsewhere all summer, only 1 or 2 about, so this may be the
beginning of the winter roost like last year's. Same pine grove.

ChrisP