Thanks Linda! The correct place to voice our complaints is not Cuomo or the
legislature but with the Port Authority of NY who has cognizance of and lead on
this
horrendous action. This petition will help ease the way. If you write or email
be
sure to copy to the Mayor of New York City to get a little extra oomph. BTW, the
ruling covered all the NY area fields under Port Authority cognizance.

As background, a very dear friend and fellow raptor bander Sammy Chevalier
worked at
JFK in the 70s and 80s as their bird and animal "control" officer. As is
currently
the practice at Boston's Logan, Sammy trapped, banded and relocated all raptors
that
posed threats to themselves and aircraft. For him it was a full time job and he
had
plenty of volunteer helpers. I wonder what happened after he retired? I see the
job
title changed but common sense/ talent didn't convey.

John
--
John and Sue Gregoire
Field Ornithologists