Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:02 PM
To: CLO-L
Subject: [clo-l] Snowy owl udpates

Hi all,

You undoubtedly know we're in the middle of a massive influx of Snowy Owls and
we wanted to get you up-to-date on some of the publicity surrounding it.

--Fitz recorded an interview last night that was part of a larger news story
that ran this morning on NBC's Today Show:
http://www.today.com/video/today/53788217/#53788217

--We and the press office have sent out a Tip Sheet: http://eepurl.com/KsBTX

--Kevin caught some video of a LOCAL Snowy Owl this afternoon, a young male
hanging around the Lansing fire station. You can see it via Cornell Box here:
https://cornell.box.com/s/uk9ftraxfbei8ipf9nmb

--Of course we have the great 2011  material shot in the Washington State,
where the bird lives. It's on our YouTube channel. http://youtu.be/Ufkcx-UqljM

--Take a look at even more stunning Snowy Owl video in the Macaulay Library
archive, including nesting owls feeding their young. Have a
look<http://bit.ly/1bmf6Fv>.

--And don't forget to check the latest live eBird map to see where this beauty
is showing up!
http://ebird.org/ebird/map/snoowl1?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zh=false&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=on&bmo=11&emo=12&yr=cur

Enjoy!

Pat Leonard, Staff Writer/Media Relations
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
(607) 254-2137
pe...@cornell.edu<mailto:pe...@cornell.edu>
www.birds.cornell.edu<http://www.birds.cornell.edu/>