From: bounce-111128100-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-111128100-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of John Cancalosi
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:28 AM
To: Kenneth V. Rosenberg
Cc: scotthab...@gmail.com; CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Target SNOW and JFK collisions

After hearing this report and watching a snowy owl at the Syracuse airport
remain perched for hours while jets passed within meters makes me think that
these birds can be extremely tolerant of human presence to put it mildly.

It reminds me of a situation in Lincolnshire, England where grey seals haul up
to have their young on an RAF bombing range! Meanwhile planes are screaming by
continuously. On non-bombing days visitors are allowed on the beach near the
seals. One would think that this would be the end of the seals, but their
population is expanding!

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM, Kenneth V. Rosenberg