I've had a Carolina in the yard all winter, singing a lovely variety of
songs. Last winter there was a pair, so I'm a bit concerned for this little
fellow's companion.

On a different note, I've had a Pileated Woodpecker at the suet on two
different occasions this week - that's about 15 feet from the kitchen
window, closest I've ever been to one. Magnificent!

ellie haith