I led some of the attendees of our Sound Analysis Workshop on a walk around the
grounds at Sapsucker this AM.
Highlights:
EASTERN PHOEBE singing on south side of pond,
RED-SHOULDERED HAWK spiraled over us in the sun for several minutes,
EASTERN BLUEBIRDs (one on knoll box, one on W Wilson),
TREE SWALLOW on adjacent box on knoll,
RUSTY BLACKBIRDs on N Wilson,
singing BROWN CREEPER on Podell,
WOOD DUCKs flew over us on Sherwood
GREAT BLUE HERON flew over us on Podell than landed in the front by the
observatory in the open water
singing PURPLE FINCH on NW Wilson (some saw it and described it as likely a
juvenile as it had strong eye stripe but little purple, but it was singing full
song which we all heard)

Chris Pelkie
IT Support Assistant
Bioacoustics Research Program