There was a nice variety of songbirds along the sculpture trail in Seneca Falls
Sunday morning. A huge surprise was one GREEN HERON that perched in a tree for
a few minutes before flying down the Erie Canal. I wonder if this is the same
bird seen in TN and PA earlier in the week :-)  See my eBird checklist below.

Chris Lajewski
Interim DirectorMontezuma Audubon Center

Frank J. Ludovico Sculpture Trail, Seneca, US-NY Apr 13,
2014 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
24 species

Canada Goose  X
Wood Duck  1
Mallard  6
Green Heron  1     visual confirmation along the canal. the
bird was in clear view while perched in a tree for 2 minutes.
Turkey Vulture  1
Ring-billed Gull  1
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  X
Belted Kingfisher  1
Downy Woodpecker  2
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Blue Jay  1
American Crow  1
Fish Crow  2
Tree Swallow  X
Carolina Wren  X
American Robin  X
European Starling  X
Cedar Waxwing  6
Chipping Sparrow  X
Song Sparrow  X
White-throated Sparrow  1
Northern Cardinal  X
Red-winged Blackbird  X

View this checklist online at

This report was generated automatically by eBird v3 (eBird)

   eBird
News and Features New Big Day route for Team Sapsucker 11 April 2014 The annual
Big Day fundraiser is hugely important to eBird and the Cornell Lab of
Ornithology.
View on ebird.org Preview by Yahoo