Saw a black and white warbler in the Mulholland wildflower preserve this
morning, accompanied by a backlit plain-colored warblerish friend I wasn't able
to see clearly but am guessing was a blue-headed vireo, which was heard singing
elsewhere in the woods. In the (presumed) redtail nest atop the second of four
pine trees across the creek from the first bend of the creek could be seen the
silhouette of a protruding tail. Blue-gray gnatcatchers and ruby-crowned
kinglets still abound. A/the purple finch continues to sing outside my house in
Commonland, and today I finally made the effort to visually locate it, finding
it to be purple-free (i.e., immature plumage).

Suan