Update on the baby owl:

Victoria Campbell (Wildlife Rehabilitator) stopped by to assess the health of
the Great Horned Owl chick. Thank you for referring my message to her. She
confirmed that all was not well - the owlet was underweight and its keel bone
was sharply protruding. She has taken it into her care (along with the other
owl chick!)

If anyone has heard of a Great Horned Owl nest in the area (near Cornell
Plantation's land in Coy Glen, or on Ecovillage/Longhouse property) please
inform Victoria. She is hoping to reunite the owlet with its family.

I will be more cautious about posting details in the future. I assumed that the
members of this list would know what would be appropriate behavior regarding
viewing/interacting with wild birds, but I realize that not everyone may have
experience or best judgement in this matter. I appreciate the advice. I was
hoping that an expert could come and weigh in which is fortunately exactly what
happened!

Thanks for your help,

Claire