Just a minor quibble, but does anyone actually carry old magnetic tapes into
the field any more? The field guide apps on my iPhone (I have several) contain
the equivalent of a suitcase full of books and tapes. The Audubon app in
particular is heavily loaded with songs and other vocalizations. If that's not
enough, the whole Internet is at one's fingertips. And it all fits in your
pocket.

-Geo