Hi All,

I wanted to provide a few details about where the Kirtland's Warbler was seen
late in the day on Sunday, 1 June 2014. And, I wanted to thank Andy Guthrie for
not only finding this bird, but also remaining at Hamlin Beach for nearly the
entire day to help other birders (like myself) find the warbler.

The warbler was last seen at about 7:30 pm, on the guard rail(!) of the
eastbound Lake Ontario Parkway where it crosses over the Hamlin Beach park
access road:
43.35510, -77.946832

(Fortunately, this section of the parkway was closed, so there was no danger of
the bird being hit by a car.)

A bit earlier, at about 7 pm, we enjoyed nice looks of the bird in this cluster
of trees:
43.354743, -77.946193

Earlier in the day, Andy heard and/or saw the warbler in the patch of woods to
the west of the park entrance booth, roughly between these two sets of
coordinates:
43.35986, -77.94560
43.35612, -77.94714
The entrance booth (where there was a $6 entrance fee on Sunday) is located
here:
43.35864, -77.94519

To the best of my knowledge, there was about a five-hour period of time,
between about 1:30 and 6:30 pm, when the warbler was not detected at all. When
a group of us observed the bird late in the day, the bird was largely silent,
but it did sing softly a few times (and, I believe, also sing loudly once or
twice).

I hope this information is helpful, and that more people can enjoy this
wonderful bird on Monday. And thanks again to Andy for finding yet another
first record for New York!

Matt Medler
Ithaca