Talking about Chjpmunks, recently,  I also  had similar experience with the
Robins, Robins had fledglings in my yard and the chipmunk was trying to go
about its business, but the robin gave it a hard time. I am glad it did.

Also, recently I had a field trip to Six Miles Creek walk and found many
species of birds missing. Especially Wood Thrushes, ovenbirds and Veery (in
numbers) as compared to the previous years. I feel the population has reduced
to a great extent.  But we did see lots and lots of Chipmunks running around
everywhere.  So I was wondering if those were the reasons for reduced bird
populations:-(

Meena

PS: My yard is full of visiting fledglings. Yesterday I had a Phoebe, Chickadee
and Tufted Titmouse families visiting. They were noisy, chickadee family looked
so cute, five of them trying to harass their parents! Plus, Blue Jays also came
with their young when others dispersed.

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
42.429007,-76.47111