The Lott Farm on the NE corner of NYS-414 and Martin Rd (aka Airport Rd) south
of Seneca Falls (Martin Rd is the Seneca Falls - Fayette town line) is private,
although the Empire State Farm Days event is held there for a few days late
each summer. There is another fairgrounds in Seneca Falls, so to avoid
ambiguity and help everyone respect the fact that it is private, I think we
should call it the Lott Farm, not "the Fairgrounds". So far, the folks at eBird
have not made this switch. With its extensive grasslands this farm is, as far
as I know, the only reliable place around the Cayuga Lake Basin to find Upland
Sandpipers. It's also great for other grassland birds. Fortunately the owners
have been very gracious in the past about allowing access when birders either
call them (315) 568-9501 or visit their office in the building complex near the
intersection. They have asked for vehicle descriptions, times when people will
be there, and requested that birders stay on the gravel roadways.

I know you asked for a private reply, Andrew, but this is a great place that I
think all local birders should know about and how to access.

--Dave Nutter