Yes I've also seen a Merlin along NYS-13A near the City/Town line. It was
awhile ago and I don't recall the date, but I agree that's an area it's been.
On the evening of 6 July I saw a Merlin over Cass Park, initially flying north
over West Hill and being harassed by a couple smaller birds - in other words it
was coming from the area you describe. The Merlin then flew alone east over
Cass Park and continued toward downtown. Considering the distances they cover
it's hard to say where that bird's home base is.

--Dave Nutter