I was at the Finger Lakes Land Trust's Park Preserve in Freeville for about an hour this morning, starting at 8:45. It was mostly quiet except for the stretch of brushy habitat along the brook (heading left on the orange trail as you enter the preserve). In this area on the way in I found four PALM WARBLERS foraging on both sides of the trail, and on the way out there was a CAPE MAY WARBLER mostly foraging in the conifers.

This stretch of trail also had at least two COMMON YELLOWTHROATS, one of which sang occasionally; two EASTERN TOWHEES counter calling; a SONG SPARROW singing occasionally; as well as CATBIRDS, ROBINS, and CHICKADEES.

While in the preserve, I saw several groups of 5-6 BLUE JAYS moving south.

Anne Marie Johnson