I spent a couple hours (3-5pm) at Stewart Park, mainly scoping the lake &
jetties from the swan pond, wondering if any Cattle Egrets would venture there
with the gulls. I guess I didn't stay late enough or beat the bushes along the
lakeshore enough because I found none, nor did I find any among the gulls at
Treman Marina afterward.

What I did find was:

* a/the GREAT EGRET on the white lighthouse jetty among the gulls (who gave it
a respectful distance) until an adult BALD EAGLE flew fairly high overhead, and
the egret & gulls took flight. I saw the egret a couple times in flight, the
last time going east, but I didn't see it along the shoreline later.

* at least 5 PIED-BILLED GREBES earlier in the SE corner of the lake, one of
which still had some juvenile striping on the face. I met Gary Kohlenberg who I
think tallied more. Yesterday there was a group of 9.

* a female RUDDY DUCK flew out to the lake, apparently from the mouth of Fall
Creek, and alit not far from the swan pond,  a first-of-season for both Gary &
myself

* a small flock of AMERICAN COOTS off the swan pond which in recent days has
grown from 2 (Sunday) to 5 (yesterday) to 9 (today)

* before Gary's arrival, while scanning the skies over the east side of the
valley in Lansing I found a long-winged, long-tailed raptor flying into the
wind, occasionally pausing with a dihedral, and showing white at the base of
the tail. It turned out to be my first-of-season ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK, a light
morph, and it proceeded to fly west across Cayuga Lake, affording nice scope
views of the underwing and tail patterns.