This afternoon, for the first time since last April, we saw an EASTERN
SCREECH-OWL in our box in northeast Ithaca.  I feel nearly certain that I've
never seen this particular owl before.  It has distinctive arcs on the
margin of each lower eyelid, toward the bill.  They look like the black eyes
a person might get with a broken nose.

I've loaded two poor-quality but illustrative snapshots at the end of this
album.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114049026073343451957/albums/5291963262350115
713

Mark Chao