I have 5 PINE SISKINS at my feeders, but I guess my Redpoll flew across Cayuga
Lake to Bill Mcaneny's, since I have not seen it today. Around 50 A. GOLDFINCH,
36 MOURNING DOVES, as usual and other usual feeder birds, including 1-2
CAROLINA WRENS, who live here and sleep in a basket nest on my roofed, east
facing front porch at night.

At 4 PM yesterday, I read Dave N's  2 PM post about the 1000 H. Larks, Snow
Buntings and Lapland Longspurs at the corner of Mahaney and Genoa/Lansing Town
Line Rds, and hopped in the car to drive there.
By then it was snowing a lot and there were only 100s of birds seen here and
there, many on top of the big silage structure nearest the corner and the new
silo. There was a lot of feedstuffs on the ground so many of the birds were
foraging there near the open ingredient bays in the shed to the back.  I
enjoyed seeing the many HORNED LARKS and SNOW BUNTINGS and was able to scope 2
LAPLAND LONGSPURS, while my coat neck filled up with snow!   I left at 5:15 as
the snowing increased and drove across G/L Townline rd. down to Fenner Rd.,
which as Meena said, is better plowed than the G/L Townline Road. Also, there
might be more birds on that route down Davis Rd to Fenner, but there were none
last night since it was getting dark.

Donna Scott
Lansing Stat. Rd
Lansing