?Hi All,

Yesterday around 1.30 PM I took a spin around to look for Redpolls at
Triphammer Terrace and Hillcrest Road in Lansing. I did not see any redpolls. I
did not dare to watch the surrounding neighborhoods as it seemed like I would
be staring into their houses.

So I decided to go look for Snow Buntings and Horned Larks on Mahaney/ Davis
Road farm. I did find several hundred Snow Buntings and Horned Larks, but they
mostly landed on the plastic covered structure and I don't know what it is
called, but were mostly invisible. A few - about hundred or so Horned Larks and
Snow Buntings were on the open spot of the mud in the field and mostly about 50
or 60 Horned Larks were sitting on the road.  I did find two Lapland Longspurs
among these.  Birds are still there but mostly not visible unless for some
reasons they took off as a flock, which they did it three or four times.

On the way back I came via Lake road, but nothing of interest except for a few
crows.  I again stopped at Hillcrest and Triphammer Terrace road and found not
activities in the birches. There was Red-tailed Hawk floating around among the
trees and the field.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal