Bob or Jay or anyone: what are the access rights to the Yacht Club?
I don’t want to trespass and have never been there so don’t know the signage or
access.

For what it’s worth (and I think it is): I did stop at the Lansing Marina back
in the Fall and personally asked the manager if it was OK to use the little
parking area on the East side of the marina to scope the bay south of the
marina and he said no problem as long as I wasn’t blocking traffic. I was
always very uncomfortable driving right past the ’private property no
trespassing’ sign when SFO leaders took us there so had not done it on my own
until after I had this conversation. I am not offering this as a blanket
permission to anyone reading the list; in our conversation i was only asking
about myself: I think each person should make the effort on his/her own though
of course it is unlikely anyone is there right now. The manager was pleasant (I
think his name was John, but don’t hold me to that.)

Too many nuts with guns and ‘rights’ to be cavalier about this issue. Read the
NYS trespassing laws: the trespasser has essentially no rights and even signage
laws are liberal favoring the owner: signs have to be maintained once a year
but if they fall down, it’s still their property and you still have no right to
trespass.

Not busting on anyone! If this site is ‘open’, we should add it to the Birding
in the Basin list.

ChrisP