Last night, around 1:00 a.m., I stepped outside to check the moon, and was
greeted with a lot of different birds singing.  Somewhat taken aback, I thought
this was a bit too early for the dawn chorus, and further reflection indicated
that MOCKINGBIRDS often sing at night.  I haven't heard our local one for
several months, and am wondering if, because of the harsh winter, it went to
visit friends in Pa. for a while, and has just returned.Even more reflection
(great time for it) showed that certain canids also sing to Luna, so I think
this is a good example of convergent evolution.
On a kind of related note, on my morning walk yesterday, I heard a BROWN
THRASHER doing a credible imitation of a whip-poor-will.  First time I've heard
one doing that.
Steve FastBrooktondale