A morning walk around Lindsay Parsons yielded many field sparrows, at least two
prairie warblers, seemingly ubiquitous singing from invisible towhees and
black-and-white warblers. An adult bald eagle sat on a branch over the northern
side of Coleman Lake, unfazed by my presence. Approaching the woods before the
railway tracks was a chestnut-sided warbler song that refused to stay put and
took much patience to visually confirm, eventually. Also heard were bursts of
thrasher and yellow-rumps, while above a handful of chimney swifts chattered
away. Near the railway tracks were two phoebes and two kingfishers.

Earlier at the fire house pond, a great blue heron sat low on its nest while
two others stood preening in the same tree in close proximity: family group?

Suan

PS. Pine siskins continue to sing from the trees outside my house in Commonland.