This morning I climbed to the top of "Sorry Hunter Hill"  (1,920 summit, West
Danby). I encountered a number of Scarlet Tanagers along the way. Hooded
Warblers and American Redstarts are also back in force. Lady slippers are just
peeking out of the leaf litter.

Without looking for it, I happened to walk right under this year's Raven nest
in a thick hemlock forest (the noisy youngsters give themselves away).  Just
one or two nestlings I think, and confined to the still-sturdy nest, not ready
to hop around on the adjacent branches.

-Geo