I found a singing ACADIAN FLYCATCHER this morning in Michigan Hollow, occupying
the same territory as last year. Also in the vicinity: Winter Wren, Least
Flycatcher, Canada Warblers, Blackburnian Warblers and American Redstarts,
among many others.

In the Michigan Hollow marsh an American Bittern was pumping out its amazing
"oong-KA-chunk" every minute or so. While I stood at the roadside enjoying
that, I heard a Tennessee Warbler sing. The road is lined with blooming
hawthorns and wild apples just there, and it was easy to find the Tennessee
foraging in a hawthorn, but the same tree also held at least 6 Bay-breasted
Warblers! While I was admiring them, up popped a Swainson's Thrush to give me a
beautiful view.

Wish I could have stayed for more, as the road is lined with blooming trees for
a good distance, and I could hear other Tennessee Warblers singing. Maybe check
out some spruces too... But time marches on.

Would love to visit the hawthorn thickets just SW of Jennings Pond - that's
actually in the basin!

-Geo