Hi all,

Last night I heard an Eastern Screech Owl trilling and in between trilling he
made some kind of squeaky cooing noises. This is the first time I have heard
such calls. So I dragged myself out of my bed to fetch the recorder which was
still packed away in my bag from my trip to Montana. By the time I got it out
the screech owl had moved on or shut up.

Talking about Montana trip, I spent six days in Glacier National Park and had
numerous encounters with Dusky and Spruce Grouses and a long interaction with
White-tailed Ptarmigans. A very short encounter with a Sharp-tailed grouse. But
unfortunately, I had to cut my trip short for about 3 days as the whole of
Montana was filled with smoke due to forest fires in the state and mostly from
its neighboring states of Washington and Idaho. This is my first experience
with large forest fires. My god, they are scary to the wildlife and people who
live there. I heard stories about how black bears and mountain lions were
roaming around in the Great Falls neighborhood. I could not stand the smoke any
more so I had to call the airlines to change my ticket for immediate return.
More detailed trip report I will make it later and send a link to those who are
interested.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal