Hope these tempt you to come out this weekend.  7:30 Saturday and Sunday.
Led by bird club members.  Sponsored by the Cayuga Bird Club and the Lab of
Ornithology.  Linda Orkin

Lisa Wood's 9/5 walk  20 attendees..

Had a great three-hour walk around the Wilson Trail this morning. Thanks to
Paul Anderson for coming along to be the point person for an Ithaca Times
journalist who is writing an article about the Cayuga Bird Club. Bill
Chaisson, managing editor of the Times and a former/returning bird walk
leader, was also there and helped out with our fairly big, enthusiastic
group (which included my daughter and sister, both visiting from out of
town). On the main pond we had a Green Heron and a couple of Wood Ducks.
There were a few small migrant flocks, with Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, and
Wilson’s warblers IDed, as well as a close, eye-level (though brief) look
at two Wood Thrushes, probably an adult and a juvenile. Paul found a
Cooper’s Hawk and offered us all nice views through his scope. A Great Blue
Heron at the back of the pond was beautiful through the scope as well (the
bird's eye was stunning). We also watched several Eastern Phoebes hawking
over the water. Noted absences were Red-winged Blackbirds and Eastern
Kingbirds—perhaps owing to the Cooper’s keeping a keen eye on things about
the pond. Unfortunately, the walk ended on a sad note back at the Visitors
Center, where we found a dead Ovenbird that had flown into the glass near
the entrance.

Suan Hsi Yong's 9/6 walk 21 attendees....

We were greeted immediately at the footbridge by a small mixed warbler
flock -- black-and-white, black-throated-green, and tennessee warblers --
en route to the pergola with three interacting GBHs (two looking juvenile)
and a green heron, while grackles and waxwings gathered on treetops and
various woodpecker family groups moved about. Our group eventually grew to
21 people, almost all out-of-towners, from Cincinnati, Connecticut, DC, two
from New Mexico. We eventually made it to the parking lot where there were
a few more warblers, from which I only definitively identified one as
bay-breasted, showing reddish stains on its sides. A grosbeak chipped but
flew away when we approached. A sapsucker worked a tree right by the trail
for close if obscured looks by all. Fuller's three wood ducks flushed, but
later everyone got scope views of two other young wood ducks at Sherwood.
There was warbler activity near the feeder blind, of which I only clearly
saw one magnolia, but their movement was too fleeting for this group of
mostly casual birders. Continuing activity from great blue and green herons
kept everyone happy, though. A final highlight in the woods was a pileated
woodpecker working on one spot in a nearby tree for scope views by all.
--
Veganism is simply the acknowledgment that a replaceable and fleeting
pleasure isn't more valuable than someone's life and liberty.

If you permit
this evil, what is the good
of the good of your life?

-Stanley Kunitz...