Hi Meena and John

Have to chime in here, as the lake and I are rather good friends, from a few
thousand hours of rowing and sailing!  From Taughannock State Park it's 8 miles
on the water to Stewart Park at the bottom end of the lake, and the west shore
down there (Hog Hole) is only 1.8 miles east of a direct southerly line from
the shore at Taughannock.  I don't know how you figured those large numbers of
miles;  below Taughannock, around about Myers, the lake actually bends more
southerly, not to the east. On the other hand, Watkins Glen at the south end of
Seneca Lake is about 17 miles WSW from Taughannock, a direction that would be
just right if the Loons were migrating to Pittsburgh.

I do wonder where they go from here though.  The Susquehanna takes an extremely
twisty course with a large easterly excursion in Pennsylvania, it would be
interesting to know whether they follow it or just go straight, which would
save hours of flight.

Cheers,
John Greenly