The state has the authority to restrict or ban hunting in any area it
designates, for any of a variety of reasons, including public safety. And the
state already has the resources in place to communicate and enforce such
restrictions. If the city or its citizens want a ban in the waters off Stewart
Park, the wisest course IMO would be to appeal directly to DEC to impose one,
rather than challenge the state's authority by attempting to enforce a city
ordinance of dubious validity.

-Geo