Hi John, you wrote:

> A Cayuga and/or Seneca "pelagic" would be a fun fall/winter cruise.

Yeah! Fun to dream, anyway.

A few weeks ago I dropped  some friends off at the dock for an Ithaca Boat Tour
on the HAENDEL. I hadn't previously been up close to that steel-hulled vessel.
It reminded me of the old LAKE DIVER IV over on Seneca Lake, which used to take
research parties out weekly in all kinds of winter conditions. Pretty frigid
sometimes (though there was a good-sized heated cabin)! Seeing the HAENDEL made
we wonder if anyone has ever approached Ithaca Boat Tours about a winter
birding charter?

-Geo