Today (Saturday) some of the intrepid birders whom Donna Scott mentioned went
to various places in the Cayuga Lake Basin, mostly trying to find birds which
were previously reported and managing to overlook those which had not yet been
reported. However a species which appears to be new for the year for the basin
is MUTE SWAN of which I (and Diane Morton, Ken Kemphues, Bob McGuire & Ann
Mitchell) saw 3 swimming near the western ice edge north of Cayuga Lake State
Park (Seneca County, Town of Seneca Falls). We were scoping from Harris Park in
the Village of Cayuga on the east side (Cayuga County, Town of Aurelius).

I’m glad to hear we had an excuse for overlooking the American Pipits even
though we thought about them - we lack infrared vision!

—Dave Nutter