This morning we got up and noticed that our bird feeders were on the ground.
Upon closer inspection I found that the 4 hook rod was bent almost
flat to the ground - I should have gotten a picture before
straightening it.
The stand-alone wooden box feeder had the plastic hinge for the lid
torn and the suet block on that feeder had fallen out and had chew
marks all around.
So we are taking the bird feeders down tonight.

We are just north of VanBuskirk Gulf Rd and west of NY Rt 34/96.

Our home designed deer fence doesn't seem to be damaged - it must be
strong enough for the bear to climb. (4 ft field fence wire 2 runs
high - cable tied together; heavy duty road sign U posts from Seneca
Supply - 10 ft so 8 ft exposed, but next time I would use 12 ft; rebar
woven through the wire at 16  ft intervals between the U posts; As
grape vines grow on the fence scraps of wood or tree branches are
added for bracing the wire.)  Nigel