I took a scouting trip to Stewart Park this morning, 8:30-9:15-ish.

Although I was mostly after mergansers, I was thrilled to get a great view of a
Peregrine Falcon perched in a large willow on the eastern edge of the swan pen.
Other delights included a pair of Eastern Bluebirds checking out potential nest
holes in the large sycamores (yes?) as one approaches the entrance to Renwick
Woods. Lovely to hear their song.
Also singing were Northern Cardinal and Mourning Dove.

The creek was still mostly choked with ice, with open water toward Rt 13, which
had attracted a small group of Common Mergansers.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA