Hi all,
                Late Tuesday afternoon I birded Stewart Park shoreline for a
bit to see if I could find any Green-winged Teal. I was able to find two males
feeding close to  shore by the tennis court. I then saw a Lesser Black-backed
Gull in beautiful breeding plumage down by the maintenance shed. Dave Nutter
stopped by on his bike for a, fossil-fuel free, shoreline scan. After admiring
this beauty we started to find more of these small dark gulls along with a
flyover Iceland Gull. Jay, Livia and France joined in fun and before we
finished the tally was 6 in breeding plumage, 2 in streaky head winter plumage
and 3 2nd year types. The other three of our common gull types were in
attendance as well. Most of the gulls concentrated east of the playground area
with many at the extreme SE corner.
The lake was like glass, the viewing very nice, although numbers of waterfowl
were pretty low. There were more than two dozen Ruddy Ducks and a smattering of
Mergansers, Mallards, Coots, Bufflehead and two Horned Grebes. One
Double-crested Cormorant swam near the pilings on the western side.

Gary