I've been checking sparrows along the fields on the north end of Creamery Road
for years wondering why I never find a Vesper Sparrow there. Well, this morning
I did! The first thing I noticed was that one sparrow didn't flush like the
others as my car approached. I was able to get pretty close to it. Then I saw
the white eye-ring and white outer tail feathers. It was being chased around by
Song Sparrows, but it kept coming back to the East edge of the road (right side
as you come down the hill toward 79), about ΒΌ of the way down the hill, a
little uphill from the one house in the middle of the fields there. While
looking at the sparrow, I heard Brown Thrasher and Eastern Meadowlark, and a
Northern Harrier flew over the fields, landing briefly.

Anne Marie Johnson