I have just recognized and corrected an error I made on the 2016 CLB First
Records list. My apologies. The Eastern Whip-poor-will in the town of Virgil is
OUTSIDE the basin. I am not aware of any Whip-poor-will so far this year in the
basin. Although the location was correct, Woodchuck Hill Rd near Gridley Creek
on the north side of NYS-392 east of the hamlet of Virgil, and indeed this rare
bird has been heard several times, I was mixing up the road name with a
different road much closer to 'downtown' Virgil, Holler Rd, which is near a
different stream that is the eastern edge the Cayuga Lake watershed. Gridley
Creek drains into the Tioughnioga River which goes south.

--Dave Nutter