This morning Livia and I walked around the Park Preserve South and the
beginning of Hammond Hill Road in Dryden. Warblers were generally scarce.
The only bird of note at Park was a juvenile MOURNING WARBLER where the
trail rises to the left over the creek area. On the way up Irish Settlement
towards Hammond, I pulled over at the marshy area just north of Park
Preserve North to check out a suspicious silhouette. Sure enough, an
OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER was preening at the top of a snag on the west side
of the road. Shortly thereafter we were at the beaver dam swamp at the
beginning of Hammond Hill Road and found another OLIVE-SIDED, or possibly
the same one following us, in the snags on the left side as you come in
from Irish Settlement. We eventually had a nice warbler flock at this spot
as well, with Canada, Blackburnian, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia,
Black-throated Blue, and Black-throated Green.

Yesterday morning I also had a bright YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER briefly at
the Sherwood Platform here at Sapsucker Woods. I was not able to find it
later in the day.

Jay